Hecho a Mano is hosting an open call for works using Risograph printers for an exhibition opening April 5, 2024 and on view through April 29, 2024. The call is open to artists anywhere in the world. Artworks may be single prints or mixed-media works including Riso prints.
- Accepted from December 6, 2023 - March 1, 2024.
- Please submit no more than 5 artworks for consideration.
- You may include multiple images per artwork.
- For each artwork include title, year, size, media and retail price
- Include your website or Instagram profile.
- To submit your work please email directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All artworks must include Risograph process in the artwork
- All artworks must be available for sale
- Works may be editioned or not, and any size edition is acceptable. If an editioned work is accepted, 5 additional editions may be sent with the entry for sale, provided the size of the work is 17” x 11” or less.
- Please submit jpegs, images should be no less than 800 pixels and no more than 1920 pixels on the longest dimension @72 dpi.
- Sale prices marked on entries may not be changed after acceptance.
- Sales of exhibited artwork is subject to a 50% commission at the listed price
- Artists will be paid for sales on the 15th of the month following a sale
PRESENTATION OF ARTWORK and FRAMING:
- Works may be framed or unframed.
- Framed work must be wired and ready for hanging
- Unframed works may be hung from clips on string or displayed on shelves. Please indicate if your work requires any special handling.
- Place a label on the back of the piece with the artist’s name, title of the piece and contact information including phone number.
- Artworks may not be removed before the end of the exhibition.
- We will be sending out an email to let you know if your work was accepted into the show on March 8th.
- Please hold on to submitted works until then.
OUT OF TOWN DELIVERIES:
Send work to
Hecho a Mano
129 W. Palace Ave
Santa Fe, NM
- Artists will be responsible for shipping to and from the the gallery. Include a return shipping label (FedEx or UPS) in your shipped package to ensure quick returns if necessary.
- Plan for in-person and out of town deliveries to arrive to Hecho Gallery no later than March 25th, 2024
- Shipped entries must be prepaid with UPS or FedEx in reusable shipping containers.
- Both FedEx and UPS Ground recommend a minimum of 3-inch padding around paintings to ensure safe delivery.
- Include your name and address on the inside and outside of your box in case the shipping label is lost.
- Artists will be responsible for replacing broken glass and/or frame damage, if any, prior to exhibiting in the gallery.
- Shipped entries will be packaged and returned after the show, no later than May 13, 2024.